Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pizza and Jazz

I've decided that I like Sam's Cafe.  As a former devotee of Bart's, which years ago (how many years?) rented that storefront, I've been reluctant about frequenting the various restaurants that have moved in (and out) since Bart's closed.  But Sam's is actually okay, even if it's not Bart's.  I was absolutely starving this evening (having gotten home from work and slept for five hours, right through even a sophisticated late dinner time), and decided that a slice of pizza would do the trick.  Sam's was rather empty at the time, but I brought a book and read while a couple of guys played jazz in the corner.  Even though they didn't have much of an audience, they were enjoying themselves.  Pizza and jazz seem at first like an odd combination, but I think they work together quite nicely. 

I do miss Bart's though-- they made an espresso milkshake that could whoop a frappucino's ass.  And that cookie dough pie... But I guess pizza and jazz are finally an ok substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment